Saturday, August 6, 2011

Could it be happening again?

I spent hours in emergency yesterday with my sister (and our 3 kids!)
I went to visit her yesterday and she showed me very large unexplained bruises all over her. I freaked out as blood disorders and Autoimmune disorders are obviously in our family and took her straight up to the hospital.

After a lenghy wait (with the kids surprisingly well behaved) she saw the doctor who gave her a blood test. We waited for the results of her platelet count which came back normal. The doctor said that even though her count was normal, her platelets we actually NOT normal.

She was sent home with the order to see her doctor to have further testing done for an Autoimmune disease.

I am hoping it is not one. I will update when i know next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment